- McChesney & Miller Grocery and Market offered competitors a very generous 10% discount on the first $30 of meat purchased for use during the competition.
- McCowan's Seafood Market offered competitors a very generous 20% discount on seafood used during the competition.
- Soukup's True Value Hardware & Appliance Store offered competitors a very generous 20% discount on BBQ accessories, including charcoal and propane.
- Tap House Grill. THG owner Danny Sronkoski contributed priceless promotional assistance and additional support that “got the word out.”
- Ladesic & Scott Custom Builders. Pete Ladesic supplied the all-important, couldn’t-a-done-without-it, porta-potty!
And a special thanks to Tammy Miller for designing our logo, and to Amy Thompson for taking the point on getting it emblazoned on our T-Shirts. Sue Nelson served as our talented “Official Photographer” — you can see larger versions of her BBQ photos by clicking on the little slide show images to the left.
In fact, thanks to everyone who contributed time and talent — you made this our best First Annual event ever!
We're actively recruiting even more local support for 2010! Interested? Please contact event organizers Tom “Pig Daddy” Koprowski (630-890-0465) and Tom Nelson at BBQ@Glen-Ellyn.com for details.